We are open and seeing a reduced number of patients for in-person visits with enhanced safety precautions, and numerous patients have commented that they feel safe and that we are handling the situation very well.
Most appointments will go as scheduled. We are contacting some patients to move their appointments so we can spread out patient visits to facilitate social distancing. If you do not hear from us about your appointment(s) we are expecting you and you will receive your typical reminder messages.
Please be aware that we are strict with face coverings in the office. Patients should arrive with their face covered and wear it the entire time unless directed by their doctor or a staff member to remove it. If we do ask a patient to take the mask off, we ask them to refrain from speaking unless necessary.
At this time we are planning to continue to operate with social distancing for the foreseeable future for the safety of our patients and staff. We will continue to post updates here as the situation evolves.
Telehealth Visits are available with each doctor at these times:
- Dr. Lener: Mondays and Tuesdays
- Dr. Fogelson: Wednesdays
- Dr. Mundi: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Telehealth Visits are appropriate for established patients for certain conditions such as acne or accutane, rosacea, eczema, prescription refills, psoriasis patients taking biologics, cosmetic consults, and other similar medication management visits. These are generally billed to insurance and typically covered services.
Our office is committed to continuously improving our operations to minimize your contact with our facility, staff, and other patients. Here is a small sampling of new procedures that we have recently put into place:
- We are screening all staff and patients for flu-like symptoms and they will be asked to return home or seek primary care.
- We are asking patients to minimize the number of family members, care-givers, etc that join the patient in the office.
- We are frequently cleaning all high-touch surfaces throughout the office.
- Our front office procedures have been made as “contactless” as possible so that patients can proceed directly to their examination rooms to begin their visit.
- All our staff will be wearing masks and following other best practices to minimize contact.
- You will be presented with the option to wait in your car if that makes you feel more comfortable and it is appropriate at that that time.
- Examination rooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to each patient entering.
- Each dermatologic procedure has been carefully considered with regards to patient and staff safety, and your doctor will tailor their care to your specific needs.
As always, please contact us with any questions. Your dermatologists and their staff are here to help you.
We wish you and your family good health.